Coping with Stress

Wow, I guess 2011 will be the year that is going to be the most hectic time frame I ever had so far. Even working for more than 12 hours a day doesn't seem to be enough for me. Not to mention the extra homework I have to bring to home every week. The abundant of works sometimes even dare to 'enter' my precious hours of night dreams. Though, my biggest nightmare was to see the work that kept multiplying like some sort of viruses you see in alien movies! It made me thinking: "Can people die if they work too hard?"
Yes, I was (and still) stressful! Being moody is simply a symptom, clearly it's not the solution! So, I came up with few 'formulas' on how to deal with the stress. Somehow I think they worked for me(at least for that moment! :D). So, I would like to share some with you...who knows it might be helpful for you too? ;)


HOW TO COPE WITH YOUR STRESS?

1) Watch you favorite movies/ TV shows
- this is my most favorite one. Even I just got back from work, I never miss my favorite "Desperate Housewives" shows every Tuesday on 10.30 p.m.

2) Watch your little ones playing (parents only)
- yes, the house is messy..but think positively. It feels good to see some people having fun in the house ;)

3) Spend some minutes on your hobby
- spend some quality times on any activity that you really enjoy, anything that can divert you from stress to relief. So, if viewing your own pictures in Facebook albums cheers you up , go for it!

4) Make yourself busy with chores
Apparently, keeping house is not to be listed in #3. Though, it's really a good therapy to see that there are some other good things you can finish up other than the pain-in-the-head work.

5) Positive thinking
This is the most challenging thing to do. But, I find it the best of all. Even you just screwed up your work, try to build the idea in your mind that the reason why you failed is because you are about to find a better way. Sometimes, a positive mind brings you to a positive solution. You can never underestimate the power of mind.

6) Read something
It's not necessarily has to be on heavy topics. For example, read any article on interesting topics such as How to Cope with Your Stress (ring a bell? :P), current issues etc. I read an article shared by one of my colleagues in Facebook. The five-minutes reading could really put a smile on my face even though I just got a new one-month task added up to my pile of work.

7) Close your eyes for a while
When you just can't take it anymore, and even your own name seems Greek to you, you know you have reached the limit.So, do nothing but just close your eyes and clear your mind. But remember, don't go any longer than 5 minutes. That's sleeping.

8) Drink more plain water
Did you know that a glass or two of water will help you to be more relax? (refer here). If you let your body dehydrated, you will get stressed physically and mentally. This is especially true when you work in an air-conditioned workplace which is within a dry atmosphere and you're likely to get dehydrated.

9) Cry
If you're stressed, nothing is more relieving than having some private moments to shed a few tears. A little cry is a good therapy. Therapists believe that when people cry, we will release the excess amounts of chemicals and hormones which return us back to stable state.

10) Pray
It's a simple word, yet the most powerful tool to utilize. Pray to God. May all your hard work pays off.


Even babies need to release their stress

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Because We Only Have One Life

The 10 Alien Sides of Me

Raising Superheroes (Supermom Tips)